Cannabidiol (CBD) is a non-intoxicating cannabinoid found in hemp and cannabis sativa plants, known for its potential to help regulate movement, mood, homeostasis and immune function. However, due to lack of federal regulations surrounding CBD in the U.S., it can be challenging to find the best CBD products that are both safe and effective.
At our website, we take our responsibility of guiding our readers towards the best CBD products seriously. To that end, we use a research methodology that includes rigorous evaluation criteria and expert review to ensure that our readers have accurate and reliable information.
How We Evaluate CBD Products
To evaluate CBD products, we consider the following criteria:
- Product quality: We identify manufacturers who exclusively use plants grown in the U.S. to create their CBD products and assess data on each product type these manufacturers offer, including ingestible oils, capsules, edible gummies, drinks, topical creams and salves, massage oils and bath bombs.
- Price: We use the manufacturer price of a single serving of a CBD product for all products considered, ranking them from most affordable to most expensive. Subscription model savings, bundled package options and the availability of free shipping are also considered to evaluate the product’s overall value.
- Potency: We assess the CBD potency of a single serving of a CBD product for all products considered, ranking them from strongest to weakest. The potency helps readers new to CBD find a safe starting point on the lower end of the spectrum and offers more effective and longer-lasting results for many consumers.
- Ingredient list quality: We examine the ingredient list for each product to ensure its quality, dietary and lifestyle friendliness. We award more points to CBD products that feature all-natural ingredients, use certified organic ingredients and are non-GMO, gluten-free and vegan-friendly.
- Third-party testing: We check whether the product has a readily available certificate of analysis (COA) posted on the company’s website, is third-party tested by an ISO 17025-compliant laboratory and passes all tests for pesticides, heavy metals and molds and doesn’t contain more than 0.3% THC by dry weight. Any product that fails to meet one of these criteria is automatically disqualified.
- Legitimacy: We review the legitimacy of every manufacturer, confirming a registered business location within the U.S.
Products that satisfy all of these criteria earn a spot in our rankings and are featured on our website. We review these products for our readers, to let them know which are worth their time and money.
Why You Can Trust Us
We know that our readers count on us to provide them with accurate, unbiased information on CBD products. To that end, we employ a comprehensive, data-oriented approach to our product rankings and reviews. This approach involves review of market trends, research on the efficacy of CBD, and consultation with experts who work directly with CBD consumers.
Furthermore, all of our standalone CBD product reviews are based on first-hand experience. The assigned writer purchases the product, tests it according to manufacturer instruction for at least two weeks and shares their unbiased review of the product.
We do not accept free samples of any kind in exchange for coverage.
If you’re looking for reliable information and recommendations on CBD products, you can trust our website to provide you with accurate and trustworthy reviews.