Manchester convenience store owner facing charges for…


0
manchester-convenience-store-owner-facing-charges-for…

Hartford — The 40-year-old owner of a Manchester convenience store is facing several charges after he allegedly sexually assaulted a 14-year-old girl, as well as providing her and an underage friend with THC and nicotine vape products, according to the arrest warrant affidavit.

Muhammed Adrees, the owner of Manchester Mini Mart & Tobacco at 352 Main St., turned himself in to police Friday and is charged with two counts of fourth-degree sexual assault and four counts of risk of injury to a child, according to police.

He was released from custody after posting a court-set $100,000 cash/surety bond. He is scheduled to appear in Superior Court in Manchester on June 17.

According to the warrant, the victim told school staff and, ultimately, police that she was allegedly sexually assaulted by Adrees on two separate occasions at the store after she had allegedly smoked THC vape pens.

The victim said she had been going to the store for about a year because Adrees allegedly allowed her to smoke THC and nicotine products, the warrant affidavit said. The victim, the warrant says, estimated that Adrees allowed her to smoke vape cartridges about 30 times.

It’s illegal in Connecticut for anyone under the age of 18 to buy or possess in public an e-cigarette or vape product and for anyone to sell, give or deliver them to anyone under the age of 18.

According to the warrant, the victim told police “just about everyone who smokes at the high school goes to Muhammad’s shop because he sells to the underaged.”

On the day of the alleged assaults, the victim told police Adrees urged her to “have some more, have some more” THC products, the warrant said.

Following the assaults, the victim said Adrees drove her back to school “because he probably saw that she was way higher than usual and she wouldn’t be able to walk to school without getting hit by a car,” the warrant said.

Breaking News

As it happens

Get the latest updates on Coronavirus and other breaking news events happening across Connecticut

The victim also told police she recorded Adrees on video in February having an inappropriate conversation with her juvenile friend. The 20-minute recorded video, according to police, showed Adrees allegedly engaging in a sexually explicit conversation with the juvenile friend.

The friend, according to police, declined to participate in the investigation involving Adrees.

According to the warrant, Adrees initially denied any inappropriate conduct with the alleged victim, but then changed his story when police presented him with their evidence.

Adrees allegedly admitted to the sexual assaults, giving the victim a ride to school and receiving an explicit picture, though he said he did not ask for it, the warrant affidavit said.

He also admitted to providing the victim’s friend with tobacco products and acknowledged the sexually explicit video chat, according to the warrant.

The law firm listed as representing Adrees on the state’s judicial website said it does not represent Adrees.


Like it? Share with your friends!

0

0 Comments

Your email address will not be published.