More than simply your common “pot luck” get-together, the 2022 National Cannabis Festival is coming to D.C. this weekend. Here’s every part you could know.
- Q: What is the National Cannabis Festival?
As one may guess, the NCF celebrates marijuana in its numerous varieties. It was based in 2015 by a small group of hashish fanatics to have a good time marijuana legalization in D.C. and throughout the U.S., in line with its pun-heavy (“WEED LIKE YOU TO ATTEND”) web site.
- Q: When is the National Cannabis Festival?
The National Cannabis Festival is Saturday on the RFK Stadium Festival Grounds in Lot 8.
The gates open at “high noon” (early-entry ticket holders can go in at 11 a.m.) and there’s a ten p.m. curfew.
- Q: Do I would like a ticket?
Sure do. Tickets are on sale now and are available a wide range of flavors, although many are already bought out.
One-day basic admission passes are $85 and 2-day tickets are $115, for instance.
Get extra data on the National Cannabis Festival web site.
- Q: Are there any age restrictions for the National Cannabis Festival?
Yes. You must be 21 or older with a sound, government-issued identification.
- Q: What are the occasions?
Not to be blunt about it, however there are too many occasions on the National Cannabis Festival to checklist right here — music, reveals, meals, marijuana coverage discussions and extra.
Check out the official program information.
- Q: Is there meals?
Of course. The NCF has its personal “Munchies Zone” with vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free choices.
There’s additionally a drink space with alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
- Q: Who are the distributors and sponsors? be
There are a ton of distributors and sponsors, with the checklist signifying how the hashish business has moved into the mainstream.
Companies comparable to Lyft, DC Brau, the Takoma Wellness Center, Byrdland Records, Eaton DC (the official resort associate), the Joyful Bath Company and others will intermingle with product manufacturers, retailers, testing laboratories, vape shops and even a cannabis-focused college.
A full checklist of exhibitors is out there on their web site.
- Q: Will there be weed on the market?
Congress received’t let D.C. promote weed and, since we aren’t a state but, what Congress says goes (or doesn’t go). So, no. Other than medical dispensaries, it’s nonetheless unlawful to purchase or promote marijuana within the District.
While there received’t be any medical marijuana dispensaries on the NCF, there will probably be dispensary representatives and medical professionals accessible for questions.
- Q: Can I smoke weed on the National Cannabis Festival?
D.C. needs you to maintain that behind closed doorways.
- Q: Can I convey edibles?
You can’t convey any outdoors meals or drink into the pageant.
- Q: OK, so how do I get there and is there parking?
The primary entrance is on the RFK Festival Grounds, Lot 5.
There’s parking, but it surely’s $20 (money or card) in Lots 1, 2, 3 and 6. Parking fees apply all day.
There’s no parking within the neighborhood; automobiles parked within the neighborhood will probably be ticketed and towed, the NCF web site says.
No RV/Recreational Vehicles.
Ride share is Lot 3.
ADA parking is Lot 4 and you could show a handicap allow to be admitted. ADA Shuttles will run from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
If you wanna take Metrorail to get there, you need the Stadium Armory Metro Station (the Orange/Blue/Silver strains). For Metrobus, take the 96, 97 or B2 to Stadium-Armory Station and Bus Bay, then stroll.
Below is a map of the situation.
- Q: Am I allowed to re-enter if I depart?
Nope. Once you permit the gates, you’re not getting again in with out shopping for one other ticket.
- Q: Is there stuff I should not convey?
Yeah. Don’t convey any of those, they’re all prohibited, per the NCF’s FAQ:
- No metallic or glass containers of any sort;
- No backpacks or massive baggage over 14″x 14″;
- No massive flags, banners or totems;
- No poles or staffs;
- No weapons of any sort, together with num-chuks or magical wands;
- No outdoors meals and drinks;
- No coolers or containers of any measurement;
- No skilled cameras with removable zoom lenses and/or tripods;
- No video cameras;
- No animals besides service animals;
- No fireworks, whistles, laser pointers, adhesive stickers, air horns, vuvuzelas, kites, missile/projectile-like objects, frisbee or inflated balls, confetti, streamers, drones, open flames or torches of any sort.
And don’t battle.
- Q: What am I allowed to convey?
- Collapsible garden chairs, blankets, yoga mats and seating cushions;
- Slack-line hammocks;
- Empty plastic water containers and/or camel backs (a free water station will probably be accessible on web site);
- Backpacks/baggage smaller than 14″ x 14″;
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, ponchos, collapsible umbrellas;
- Costumes are inspired;
- Inflatable flotation units.
- Q: Will there be safety on the pageant?
Yep. As a security requirement, each D.C. police and personal safety will probably be there.
There will even be paramedics on the medical tent positioned on the entrance gates and subsequent to the principle stage.
- Q: Will there be water?
Yeah. There are free water stations listed on the pageant map. Bottled water and cups could be purchased within the bar and merchandise space.
William Vitka is a Digital Editor and reporter for WTOP.com. He’s been within the information business for over a decade. Before becoming a member of WTOP, he labored for CBS News, Stuff Magazine, The New York Post and wrote a wide range of books—a few dozen of them, with extra to return.
Like WTOP on Facebook and comply with WTOP on Twitter and Instagram to interact in dialog about this text and others.
Get breaking information and day by day headlines delivered to your e mail inbox by signing up right here.
© 2022 WTOP. All Rights Reserved. This web site will not be meant for customers positioned throughout the European Economic Area.