Post Views: 0
Vaping is here to stay, and our current generation embraces it openly. Wax pens for cannabis are quite an adventure. It’s one of the safer ways of consuming marijuana, and you should probably think about it if you’ve never tried it before.
However, there are various things you should know before you can use it. Here are the main things you need to know about wax pen vaping:
- What Are Wax Pens?
Wax pens, also known as wax vaporizers, are one of the most popular alternatives for marijuana fans. Wax pens differ from vape pens because they have high potency levels thanks to their temperature controls. Wax pens can reach up to 700 degrees Fahrenheit, meaning you can choose your preferred temperature for your weed to give you the best hits.
That said more are switching to wax pens because of their portability, and they offer better and more convenient ways to consume extracts and concentrates. It allows you to vape whenever you want, regardless of your location. However, wax pens require more complex upkeep than vape pens because you have to clean their chambers after every use. You’ll also have to make a good habit of alternating the atomizer. However, despite all this extra upkeep, wax pens have superb features that make it a better way to enjoy your weed.
- Components Of A Wax Vaporizer
If it’s your first time vaping, you probably need to learn more about the things that make up a wax pen. Some may look or even feel different, but they all have some standard components. Here are some of them:
- Atomizer: One of the essential components to check for when purchasing your wax pen is the atomizer. It’s where you load your concentrates before heating. You’ll have to replace them regularly, especially if you’re planning to be a regular vapor or whenever you notice a change in taste. Also, ensure you clean it after every use to prevent debris and char from building up.
- Battery: All pens have batteries, but the batteries of wax pens are often more powerful than vape pens, allowing you to use them for longer in between charges. The batteries are the power source, and you may come across one with fixed settings that limit temperature. However, most brands will allow you to choose your heating temperature.
- Mouthpieces: As its name suggest, the mouthpiece is the part you place on your lips when vaping. Mouthpieces are made from different materials, such as metal, glass, and heat-resistant plastics. For better airflow, you should consider one that has a broader opening.
- Ceramic rods: Atomizers use ceramic rods because of their high heat resistance and durability in concentrates and waxes, giving you a smoother inhale.
- Quartz rods: Atomizers that don’t use ceramic rods use quartz rods instead. They have a stronger flavor but are fragile and subject to quick wear. Therefore, it’s your best option if you find more joy in the taste.
Before purchasing, check for the above components in a vaporizer—whether a vape pen, wax, or dab pen. You want to avoid incurring extra expenses when you can.
- How To Use A Wax Pen
Using a wax pen is easy regardless of whether you’re a vaporizer expert or a first-timer. First, be sure that your pen is fully charged. Next, remove the atomizer and cap and then wax out the container, ensuring you fill it to the coil level. Put the atomizer back into the pen and turn it on.
Depending on the model, you may have to press the power button several times to turn it on. You’re now ready to have your mind blown. It would be best if you didn’t miss a wax pen in your first vape kit. Inhale slowly and steadily, releasing the power button when you’ve had enough. Starting with a low temperature would be best for a first-timer, so you don’t waste a lot of wax.
- Pros Of Wax Pens
As mentioned, wax vaporizers are a safer way of consuming cannabis. It has some advantages over edibles and other vaporizers. Some of these pros include the following:
- Portability: Most wax vaporizers are pocket-friendly, and you can carry them wherever you go. You don’t need an extra accessory to accommodate them.
- Discreetness: Wax pens are more discreet compared to dab rigs. They look different from other vaporizers, and you can use them in public without attracting too much attention.
- Adjustability: You can adjust the temperature to your liking to boost power efficiency or to get the desired effect. You can also adjust other features, such as the airflow.
- No combustion: Using a wax pen comes with multiple advantages, but one that most people prefer when vaping is the lack of combustion. This way, you don’t avoid inhaling harmful by-products from burning the extracts.
Wax pens have more advantages than other vaporizers. They’re less harsh, and you should consider adding them to your collection.
Wax vaporizers are a great alternative to smoking or edibles. However, you need technical knowledge before you explore your options. Luckily, this article gives you a starting point for wax pen vaping. You should, however, take your time and look through different models when searching for the best wax pen vaporizer that best suits your needs.